JERUSALEM (Ma’an) — Israeli forces on Friday delivered an order for the demolition of a home belonging to the family of a Palestinian man suspected of intentionally running over Israeli civilians in Jerusalem nearly a month ago, in a move expected to further inflame tensions in the city.
The mother of Abd al-Rahman al-Shaludi, 21, said that the family received the demolition order after Israeli forces raided their home in the al-Bustan neighborhood in Silwan, south of Jerusalem’s Old City.
She said that according to the order, the family had until Sunday to file an appeal to an Israeli court to stop the planned demolition.
Israeli forces previously raided the family’s home on Monday and took measurements of the apartment, which is on the fourth floor of a residential building.
The move by Israeli authorities follows a decision by the Israeli cabinet to demolish the homes of the families of…
View original post 278 more words